Thailand Lawyers

Choose Language:  thailand lawyer English  ภาษาไทย  Japanese       
Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by

  Chaninat & Leeds
Suite 10/154, Trendy Office Building 18th Floor, Sukhumvit Road Soi 13 Klongtoey Nua, Vadhana Bangkok, Thailand 10110
Tel : (662) 168 7001 (-3)
** If dialing within Thailand,
Please dial: (02) 168 7001 (-3) **

Fax: (662) 168 7004

  Follow us:     

Divorce FAQs

If I married in Thailand, do I need to go to the same district office (Khet or Amphur) where I was married to obtain a divorce in Thailand?

In general, if you legally married in Thailand you can register your divorce at any District Office (“Khet or Amphur”). "Khet" is the legal term used for district offices within Bangkok.  District Offices outside of Bagkok are referred to as "Amphur offices".   

Although administrative offices (Khet or Amphur) will process uncontested divorces for qualifying persons, there are a number of document requirements. Also, in some circumstances a court order may be preferable to an administrative divorce obtained at a district office.  For example some jurisdictions outside of Thailand may require court orders of child custody , rather than administrative records, to be enforced.



(Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. No warranty is expressed or implied.
Before taking any legal action, persons are advised to seek the advice of a lawyer qualified in the area of law concerned.)


Thailand Law Partners:
Thailand Law Forum | US Fiance Visa Lawyer Thailand | Thailand Law Firm and Attorney

Copyright © 2001-2017 Chaninat & Leeds