Thailand Lawyers

Choose Language:  thailand lawyer English  ภาษาไทย  Japanese       
Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by

  Chaninat & Leeds
Suite 10/154, Trendy Office Building 18th Floor, Sukhumvit Road Soi 13 Klongtoey Nua, Vadhana Bangkok, Thailand 10110
Tel : (662) 168 7001 (-3)
** If dialing within Thailand,
Please dial: (02) 168 7001 (-3) **

Fax: (662) 168 7004

  Follow us:     

Divorce FAQs

Can I get a Thailand Divorce if I am not a Thai National?

Generally speaking, any person living in Thailand may file for a court divorce in Thailand so long as one of the individuals in question is lawfully present in Thailand, has established residency in Thailand and the divorce action meets other requirements, such as valid grounds for divorce.

If the parties in question lawfully married in Thailand, and desire an uncontested divorce, the couple may obtain an administrative divorce at the District Office (“Khet” or “Amphur”) where they married.

If the divorcing couple did not marry in Thailand, they do not, in most circumstances, qualify for an administrative uncontested divorce at the District Office (Khet or Amphoe). Provided they meet other requirements, a divorce may be applied for through the Thai courts, and grounds for divorce must be stated.

Various exceptions to the above rules exist. A Thai national who originally married a foreign spouse outside of Thailand, but wishes to pursue an uncontested divorce within Thailand may do so under limited conditions.



(Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. No warranty is expressed or implied.
Before taking any legal action, persons are advised to seek the advice of a lawyer qualified in the area of law concerned.)


Thailand Law Partners:
Thailand Law Forum | US Fiance Visa Lawyer Thailand | Thailand Law Firm and Attorney

Copyright © 2001-2017 Chaninat & Leeds