Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by

Thailand Lawyers

 thailand lawyer English  ภาษาไทย  Japanese     
Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by

  Chaninat & Leeds
Suite 10/154, Trendy Office Building 18th Floor, Sukhumvit Road Soi 13 Klongtoey Nua, Vadhana Bangkok, Thailand 10110
Tel : (662) 168 7001 (-3)
** If dialing within Thailand,
Please dial: (02) 168 7001 (-3) **

Fax: (662) 168 7004

  US Immigration Attorney Thailand Blog
  Follow us:     


US Adjustment of Status Thailand

The US Adjustment of Status process refers to the process of obtaining lawful permanent residence, also known as obtaining a Green Card.  Adjustment of Status is completed from within the United States after a successful visa petition has allowed the applicant into the country.  For example, immediate family members, K non-immigrant visa holders, including their dependents, as well as some employment-based visa holders, may, under certain circumstances be eligible to apply for adjustment of status.

Adjustment of Status Process for Thais

The Thai fiancée/fiancé or spouse of an American citizen first has to apply and be accepted for a K1 or K3 visa, IR-1 or CR-1 visa and legally enter the United States.  The K1 fiancé(e) visa is a 90 day single entry visa; in order for a Thai fiancée/fiancé to get a Green Card, he/she must marry the American citizen that originally petitioned for their K1 visa and apply for adjustment of status, within the 90 day period.  The K1 visa cannot normally be extended.  For Thai K3 visa holders, they must also apply for adjustment of status after having arrived in the US.  The K3  visa confers greater rights than a K1 visa.

Adjustment of Status Requirements

In order to adjust to lawful permanent residence in the US, Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence and Adjust Status must be filed by the same American citizen petitioner that originally filed for the K1 or K3 visa. 

Related Topics:

 US Immigration Lawyer Thailand 

 US Visas for Thais

 US Adjustment of Status 

 US B1 and B2 Visa Thailand

 US Lawyer Bangkok

 US F1 Student and J1 Exchange Visitor Thailand

 US K1 Fiance Visa

 US K3 Marriage Visa

 K1 or K3 Visa

 K1 Visa Requirements Thailand

 K2 Visa for Children of US Fiances

 US Visa Denial and I-601 Waivers

 US I-192 Visa Denial Waiver

(Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. No warranty is expressed or implied.
Before taking any legal action, persons are advised to seek the advice of a lawyer qualified in the area of law concerned.)

Thailand Law Partners:
Thailand Law Forum | US Fiance Visa Lawyer Thailand | Thailand Law Firm and Attorney

Copyright © 2001-2017 Chaninat & Leeds